Friday, July 26, 2013

France Part 2

Wow I am so behind in blogging! Took me awhile to get back into the swing of things when we returned but I think I am 80% back now. The other 20% is still in France, I  loved it SO much there.

When I last left off we were relaxing and enjoying some peace in the countryside of Provence. Little did we know that The Tour de France would be passing by for Kilometre 0 of their next stage, literally down the street from where we were staying!!! We were hanging out at the pool when we heard a megaphone and cheering. Our host came to tell us that the Tour de France would be coming by in a few hours! We couldn't believe our luck!! We would get to see the Tour by total fluke! What are the chances!

The riders literally passed by in a swarm within seconds but it was so cool to have witnessed that and be a part of the excitement! A true highlight!

Provence was a wonderful time to relax and recharge in the middle of our trip. After 2 days there we got on a train to Paris!! 

Paris was even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Every building was stunning, the people were beautiful and contrary to popular belief they were also very nice and so helpful. The Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame and the Louvre took our breath away.

Outside our apartment window

Jeff and I were lucky enough to celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary in Paris! It was so memorable as we spent the day at the top of the Eiffel Tower and we locked up our love on the famous Love Locks Bridge. It was so special. I love my husband endlessly.

Notre Dame

Sadly it was time to leave. We loved every minute of our trip. Ok maybe except for Mikayla having her phone pick pocketed on the Champs Élysées and having to run for our train to Provence :( But other than that it was truly the trip of a lifetime. We will all remember it as a family for a lifetime. 

Trying to get home from Paris proved to be impossible as we were on Standby for my hubby's work discount. The Paris airport was just WAY too busy and we couldn't get on any flights. We ended up flying to Glasgow Scotland (only an hour away) to get home! We were only there or a few hours but it felt like a totally different planet! We loved the accents but could barely understand them there even though they were speaking English! Anyways it was a fun side trip and Jeff even met Kenny Rogers in the airport!

As far as running goes, we only ran twice. Once in Nice along the Promenade and once in Paris in our neighbourhood. They were very short 3k runs. So much for the 10k runs planned : ( We were just too tired, too busy and too hot to get anything else in. Oh well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment