Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Results

As we near the end of our training for our first 1/2 marathon, I wanted to do a post on results. I mean what is the point of all this gruelling hard work if I don't get something out of it?


BODY

Since starting serious training back in February my body has changed a lot. Gone is the muffin top, lumpy thighs and rolls in my belly. I have lost about 10 pounds and am in the best shape of my life. I see muscles in my legs and stomach that I have never seen before. I feel stronger and more solid. I don't feel squishy anymore : )

I have abs! I can't believe I am posting this pic but hey, why the hell not!?! I might as well have something to show for all this hard work!


Jeff has lost about 20 pounds and looks better than I have ever seen him. His waist has tapered in a lot and he also has the beginning stages of abs! He looks awesome! We are constantly checking each others new muscles out. Bottom line, it is just nice to see results in our bodies.

MIND

Although sometimes it doesn't seem like it, I do feel stronger in my mind. If I wasn't strong mentally, there is no way I could have come this far.

When I run I have a constant battle going on in my mind. It takes a lot of mental strength to put the negative thoughts aside and let the positive ones take over and win. It is so easy to give up. It is much harder to persevere and push through pain, negative thoughts, uncomfortable breathing and self doubt. I definitely feel like my mental strength has improved with training. I set my mind to something and dammit I'm actually doing it! 

It has truly been a journey of testing my limits and I have discovered that I can go a lot farther than I ever thought I could.

I still have a lot of work to do on positivity and confidence but I have come a long way! 





SPIRIT

Training with my husband has strengthened our bond and made us closer. We are accomplishing something great together. Having him to lean on lifts my spirits.

The support and words of encouragement I have received from family and friends while training has done more for my spirit than I could imagine.

Jeff and I have discovered a newfound love of Yoga together. Yoga has been such a pleasant surprise in all the hectic, crazy long runs, tempo runs and cross training. It has honestly been something I look forward to every week to centre my energy and spirit.




I also just had to post this pic for a good laugh. We were doing some yoga at home and in our final relaxation corpse pose and our cat Kit Kat decides to join us! We couldn't stop laughing!




So results come in all forms but the most important for me has been the pride I feel in myself and my husband. 




No comments:

Post a Comment