Friday, December 27, 2013

I Suck Part 2

Let's see, last time I wrote I was all gung-ho about our new training program. Hmmm, that lasted about another week and a half!! Lol! Therefore, I Suck Part 2!!

November had some sickness but December is just well... December. Not a good month to try to train. Too busy with parties, shopping, bad weather and Christmas! Jeff works crazy long hours in December so some nights he was lucky to be home by 7. 

So here we are a month later and it is time to get down to some serious business! I have adjusted our training program from a 24 week one to a 17 week one. And we officially registered for the Whidbey Island 1/2 marathon in April!! Can't believe we are doing another one! Here is what our training program looks like:


Oh and some very exciting news... we finally bought a Garmin! It was a Christmas gift we got for each other. Not very romantic, but definitely wanted and needed. We got the Forerunner 10 and it is perfect for what we need. Since we do all training runs together, only one was needed. Check this bad boy out-


Never thought I would be so excited for a running watch! Who am I??!

So tonight we did an easy 5k and it felt really good. The Garmin was awesome and I really think it will help make us better runners. The virtual pacer will help so much with keeping a consistent pace.

The weather is pretty mild right now so it's hard to know what to wear. It was about 6 degrees or so. Here's my OOTD (outfit of the day) -



I figure I will start doing outfit posts as it can help me decide what worked for the weather and what didn't. Plus since I spend so much money on running/ yoga clothes I might as well review them. I wore a new pair of Lululemon Can't Stop Crops in a multi space dye print. I got them on markdown and really liked them. They performed well, didn't fall down or need any adjusting during the run and kept me comfortable after working up a sweat. One feature I loved was the deep side pockets to hold my phone. Here is a better pic of the pattern and color -


I love fun, patterned workout tights. I like black but my faves are the fun ones. Jeff LOVES my unconventional tights!

My top is the Lululemon Swiftly long sleeve in Frond. Swiftly's are the best running tops (long sleeve, short sleeve, and tanks). They are light, comfortable, sweat wicking and anti stink. They are great for layering and have a flattering fit.

I can't run in cold weather without covering my ears so I wear an ear warmer headband. I get really bad earaches from cold air on my ears. This keeps them perfectly protected and also collects all my head sweat!

I threw on a very light running jacket and a super light down vest. I could have done without the vest. I am really cold when I start but quickly heat up and start pealing off layers. It is all about the layers when training in winter! So next time it is this temp I will not wear the vest.

So the plan is to run Saturday and Sunday this week to keep us on track for Week 1. My legs were a bit sore after tonight since I am working the kinks out. So I will be stretching lots!

I saw this today and loved it!


Okay folks, it's time to get down to get serious which means more blog posting to keep me accountable!! I don't plan on doing an "I Suck Part 3"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment